Sunday, May 30, 2010

Experiencing God Bible Study

A couple weeks ago the Wednesday evening Bible study that I attend started a new Bible Study.  The workbook that goes with it is called Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God by Henry T. Blackaby & Claude V. King

If you are interested in getting the workbook for yourself, here is a link to where I purchased my workbook on Amazon.  (by the way, I generally purchase used books on Amazon and have always received books in fantastic condition) http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0805499547/ref=oss_product 

Ok, so I am actually in the 4th unit right now, but thought I would spend the afternoon backtracking and blogging about the study so far.  What better way to spend a Sunday afternoon!  That way I should be able to keep up with it better as I go.  Finish a day, blog my thoughts.  Great plan, right?  We shall see!

This study is a guided workbook study that from what I have seen so far is a fantastic study in the foundations of where a Christian should be focused.  There are five daily studies per unit and each study covers quite alot of information so I think I will simply write about what spoke to me the most while trying to stay with in that day's topic.  At least that is the plan - for now.

Of course, I do want to give credit to the authors for anything that I will be posting about this study.  My walk down the path of my own spiritual growth is simply being guided by the Holy Spirit through the aid of this study.  I am also certain that the authors were guided by the Holy Spirit as they wrote the study.  All credit therefore belongs with God!

The back of the workbook is simple.  It repeats the title Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God then lists three basic but important points.
  • Learn to hear when God is speaking to you.
  • Find out where God is working and join Him.
  • Experience God doing through you what only God can do!
Wow, sounds great doesn't it!  Then let's begin...

No comments: