Sunday, May 23, 2010

God’s Promises for Girls by Jack Countryman & Amy Parker



God’s Promises for Girls by Jack Countryman & Amy Parker


You have probably seen “God’s Promises” books before. This book is the same concept. There is a topic followed by three or four scripture verses related to that topic.

It is titled as God’s Promises for Girls but there is only a handful of topics that are written specifically for girls, such as “The Woman You’ll grow up to be” or “Being a Good Daughter”. I assume that most of the topics are the same as the book written for boys. The big difference would be the absolutely darling illustrations for each topic. Cute Cute Cute!!!!

The structure of the topics is organized well and makes it easy to find a topic that you might want to deal with immediately. For example, on the day that I received this book my preschooler stole some candy from the candy jar. I flipped to the topic “God’s Promises When…You are Tempted to Do the Wrong Thing”. The quick story on page 20 read as follows: The smell of fresh cookies fills the air, But you remember Mom saying, “Don’t!” So when a sneaky voice says, “Yes, you can,” Make sure your reply is, “I won’t!” It was followed with 3 verses on temptation. Fit our situation perfectly!

My kids are still talking about what to do when you hear the sneaky voice! I see this as a book we will use for a long, long time.

Disclosure: Thomas Nelson Publishers provided me with a complimentary copy of this book as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program.


I review for BookSneeze

No comments: