Monday, June 28, 2010

Daniel Week 3 - Day 2

Daniel Week 3 - No Smell of Fire

Day 2 - Another Side of Self-Absorbtion

Today's homework cast a new light on the idea of self-absorbtion.  In previous lessons we learned about the Babylonian mentality with the motto of "I am and there is none besides me".  This can come out as a feeling of superiority such as having others bow down to you.  The other side of this mentality is insecurity or a feeling of inferiority.  The homework states it like this "constantly thinking little of ourselves is still thinking constantly of ourselves."  Change the above motto to some of these and see if it fits you better!
"I am ugly, and there is none uglier than me."
"I am a fool, and there is no bigger fool than me."
"I am untalented, and there is none as untalented as me."
"I am scatterbrained, and there is none as scatterbrained as me."


So how can we get ourselves out of this struggle of insecurity or inferiority?  By doing everything for God.
Matthew 6:33 and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern.

No comments: