Sunday, December 26, 2010

Proverbs 31:19

Proverbs 31:19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber.

When I read this I immediately thought of my Grandma.  As long as I can remember she was never without her 'hookin' as my Dad called it.  She was always working on what I now think of as magnificent projects.  There are so many quilts, bedspreads, tablecloths, doillies, and afghans - I think we all have something that she made just for us. At least those of us that were here when she left us - 6 children and their spouses, 16 grandchildren - most were married, and I think there were about 32 great-grandchildren at that time.

But as I was saying, she was always working on something, and it was always for somebody else.  The only photo I have on my computer of something she made is of this bedspread.  She made for my room when I was young. It is still on the bed in my old room and I tried to take it home with me a couple years ago, but turns out that me and my mom have quite a dispute about who it actually belongs to haha!



My Grandma spent hundreds of hours creating gifts and thinking of others.  And knowing her, I am sure she put many, many prayers into every project! 

No comments: