Sunday, January 2, 2011

Proverbs 31:23

Proverbs 31:23 Her husband is well known, for he sits in the council meeting with the other civic leaders.

I always thought that this verse was somewhat out of place, it didn't seem to fit into the flow of the description of the woman.  I didn't see that where it told me specifically what I can do to be a more godly woman.  Well, that was until I did this study - we need to back up to verse 11 and verse 12.

v11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life.
v12 She will not hinder him but help him all her life.

And then look at this verse:

Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a companion who will help him."

No matter what job a husband has, the wife is his helper.  She needs to do whatever she can to help him be successful at his job, in the community, and in the home.  When she does this, his life is enriched - and so is hers!!

No comments: