Monday, February 28, 2011

Memory Monday - John 14:21


Last week I was working on memorizing...
John 14:21
Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me and because they love me, my Father will loves them, and I will love them and I will reveal myself to each one of them.

hmmm, needs a bit of work!  This verse gives us direction - quite simply it is all about obeying His commandments. We live our lives obeying Him, it is how we show our love for Him. 


This week's verse is the next in the topical list I have been following and will also be my March 1 verse for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team.
LIVE THE NEW LIFE - The Word
2Timothy 3:16 All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right.


About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorizing scripture for yourself.  Anyway, I had been away from blogging for quite sometime and when I got back into it one of the first blogs I checked in on was Joanne's.  That was the day after she suffered a major stroke. Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne.


About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person on the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

No comments: