Thursday, June 9, 2011

Catching up with Memory Verses

Not only did I not keep up with Bible study for several weeks, I also have not been working on my memory verses all that much. I have neglected posting here on my blog for both Memory Monday and the Siesta Scripture Memory Team.   And even though I have worked at them occasionally in the last couple months it has not been with the daily diligence that is required to memorize verses. 

So...as it seems  to be the story of my life I need to refocus on my list of memory verses which I will be working on and then do postings on Monday's for Memory Monday.  Here is the list of verses that I have posted on Beth Moore's blog for the Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

Jan 1  - Psalm 23
Jan 15- 2Corinthians 5:17
Feb 1 - Galatians 2:20
Feb 15- Psalm 121
Mar 1  - 2Timothy 3:16
Mar 15- Joshua 1:8
Apr  1-  Romans 14:17
Apr 15- Haggai 1:5-7
May 1 - Romans 12:1
May 15- John 14:21
 Jun 1  - John 15:7

hmmm I have some work to do!


About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorize scripture for yourself.  Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne as she continues to recover from the stroke she had in January.


About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person who wants to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month for all of 2011 and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration with her and the SSMT next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

No comments: