Monday, June 13, 2011

Got some work to do...

I have not been diligent in working on my memory verses, at least not all of them.  So I thought I would work on a few at a time and post on Mondays to see if I can ever catch up.  So let's see how I did the last few days...

Jan 1  - Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul, He leads me down in the paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I shall will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Jan 15- 2Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if anyone who is in Christ he is a new creation.
The old is gone, the new has come.

Feb 1 - Galatians 2:20
I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
And so I live my life in this earthly body
by trusting in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.


Feb 15- Psalm 121
I raise my eyes toward the mountains, where will my help come from.
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to stumble slip, your Protector does will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you, He The Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day, or the moon by night.
The Lord protects your life. The Lord protects you from all harm.
The Lord will protect you from all harm; He will protect your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.

Mar 1  - 2Timothy 3:16
All scripture is inspired by God... (that's it I can't remember any more)

Mar 15- Joshua 1:8
...meditate on it day and night... (that's it on that one!)

Apr  1-  Romans 14:17
...(didn't ever work on memorizing this one)

Apr 15- Haggai 1:5-7
...(or this one)

May 1 - Romans 12:1
And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give you bodies to God.
Let them be a living and holy sacrifice, the kind He will accept.
When you think of what He has done for you, is this too much to ask?

May 15- John 14:21
Those who obey my commandments are those the ones who love me.
And those who because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them,
and I will reveal myself to each one of them.

 Jun 1  - John 15:7
...(haven't worked on it yet)

The verses for the May SSMT were actually a couple verses I worked on in February when I was being quite good at working on my memory verses.  Now I am praying that I can get back to that point because apparently I have some serious memory work to do!


About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorize scripture for yourself.  Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne as she continues to recover from the stroke she had in January.


About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person who wants to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month for all of 2011 and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration with her and the SSMT next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

No comments: