Thursday, August 6, 2009

Genesis 6

Scripture
Genesis 6

Verses 5,11-13
5 Now the Lord observed the extent of the people's wickedness, and he saw that all their thoughts were consistently and totally evil.
11 Now the earth had become corrupt in God's sight, and it was filled with violence. 12 God observed all this corruption in the world, and he saw violence and depravity everywhere. 13 So God said to Noah, "I have decided to destroy all living creatures, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. Yes, I will wipe them all from the face of the earth!



Observation
In the days of Noah, the humans of this world, with their free will, had become so corrupt and evil that God was left no choice but to destroy them all. I wonder how bad does it have to get in our time? What will the end days be like, how horrible will our world be before Jesus returns?


Applications
I am grateful to have Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I have the confidence in Him to know that no matter what happens in this world I have eternal life through Him. I can also live my life in a way that is pleasing to God and be grateful that through Jesus my sins are forgiven!


Prayer
Lord, your precious plan of salvation is our bright spot in a world that seems to become more evil every day. I pray that you can help me to find ways to defeat evil and to live my life that is pleasing to you. I also pray for those who have not accepted Jesus, please speak to them and give them the guidance they need to come to you. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: