Friday, August 7, 2009

Genesis 7

Scripture

Verse 1, 15-16
1 Then the Lord said to Noah, "Come into the ark, you and all your household, because I have seen that you are righteous before Me in this generation.
15 And they went into the ark to Noah, two by two, of all flesh in which is the breath of life. 16 So those that entered, male and female of all flesh, went in as God had commanded him; and the Lord shut him in.



Observation
Normally I use the NLT translation, but today I go to the NKJV. The NLT uses the word "Go" rather than "Come" in the first sentence of verse 1.

When they all entered the ark, the Lord shut them in. He did this to protect them, just as he promised he would! God told Noah this promise in Genesis 6:18a But I solemnly swear to keep you safe in the boat,
.


Application
When god tells Noah to "Come into the ark" He is bringing Noah into His presence. God draws us near to Him and if we are listening, we respond and come into His presence.

Noah and his family received God's protection because he was righteous. We can have the same protection Noah and his family did. Our protection comes because we are made righteous through Jesus!


Prayer
Lord, thank you for your protection. I this crazy world I find comfort knowing that your hand is guiding my life, that you are working through me. I pray that you help me live my life in a way that I hear you, that I can come closer to you and be in your blessed presence. In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments: