Monday, October 17, 2011

Made to Crave: Week 1 - Day 3

Week 1 - Day 3
Chapter 2: Replacing My Cravings

Just some thoughts on some of the ideas and visuals from Chapter 2
selections are from pgs 30-31 
Each time I craved something I knew wasn't part of my plan, I used that craving as a prompt to pray...
A prompt to pray! Why didn't I think of that!!!

It was my way of tearing down the tower of impossibility before me and building something new...Brick by brick, I imagined myself dismantling the food tower ad using those same bricks to build a walkway of prayer, paving the way to victory...
Brick by brick, or pound by pound.  Every pound lost is one brick laid on the path to victory.  Psalm 23 says "He leads me down the paths of righteousness for His names sake"  That path is His path and He is leading me!  Praise Him for every single pound lost!

Help me, God, to feel satisfied with healthier choices.
Yep, pray when you crave!

The numbers (on the scale) hadn't changed yet, but my heart had. One day of victory tasted better than any of that food I'd given up ever could.
My heart has changed and I am seeing the numbers on the scale change, the numbers are finally going down instead of going up or staying the same!

No comments: