Monday, October 17, 2011

Made to Crave: Week 1 -Day 4

Week 1 -Day 4
Replacing My Cravings

Psalm 5:1-3
Give ear to my words, O LORD, consider my sighing.

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

The homework says that this Psalm is he prayer of a man who desperately needs Gods help. Besides pleading with God to hear our cry for help in verse 3, we can pray verse 8.  This can be a prayer to replace any cravings or any kind of temptations we are faced with.
Psalm 5:8
Lead me in the right path, O LORD, or my enemies will conquer me.
Tell me clearly what to do, and show me which way to turn.


p.s. I have added Psalm 5:3&8 to my list of memory verses to work on :-)

No comments: