Monday, October 31, 2011

Made to Crave: Week 3 - Day 3

Week 3 - Day 3
Chapter 8 - Making Peace with the Realities of My Body

Here are some key points from the chapter that jumped off the page and whacked me upside the head!

pg 81 Define your week by obedience, not by a number of the scale.

pg 82 Yes, eating healthy and exercising get our bodies into better shape, but we are never supposed to get the satisfaction our souls desire from our looks...The only true satisfaction we can seek is the satisfaction of being obedient to the Lord.

pg 83 if I allowed my brain to park in a place of dissatisfaction about any part of my body, it would give Satan just enough room to move in with his lie that strips me of motivation.

Do you see the links to your success yet?  Seeking the satisfaction of being obedient to the Lord will benefit you spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically.  Focusing on yourself, in any way negatively, only allows Satan in.  Your level of motivation and your success are possible only when you are focused on getting closer to God.

No comments: