Monday, October 31, 2011

Made to Crave: Week 3 - Day 5

Week 3 - Day 5
Chapter 9 - But Exercise Makes Me Want to Cry

Yeah, I didn't want to read this chapter either...but I did and gained new insight into exercise, specifically making the discipline of exercise an act of being obedient to God.

pg. 89 Every day I asked God to give me strength to stick with it this time...The more I made running about spiritual growth and discipline, the less I focused on the weight.  Each pound lost was not a quest to get skinny bu evidence of obedience to God.

pg 91 I can either be loyal to honoring the Lord with my body or loyal to my cravings, desires, and many excuses for not exercising.

1Corinthians 6:19-20 Don't you realize that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who lives in you and was given to you by God? You do not belong to yourself, for God bought you with a high price. So you must honor God with your body.


This verse screams MEMORY VERSE!!!

No comments: