Monday, October 17, 2011

Memory Monday

I have been working a lot this past couple weeks which means I have not been reciting these as much, but let's see how well I know them anyways.

#1 Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures,
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me down the paths of righteousness for His names sake.
Yea,though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.



#2 Psalm 121
I raise my eyes towards the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip, your protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you, He is likeThe Lord is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord will protect you from all harm. The Lord He will protect your life.
The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.


#3 2Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation.
The old is gone, the new has come.


#4 Galatians 2:20
I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me.
So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God,
who loved me and gave himself for me.

#5 Romans 12:1
And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God.
Let them be a living and holy sacrifice, the kind that He will accept.
When you think of what He has done for you, is this too much to ask?


#6 John 14:21
Those who obey my commands commandments are those who love me
and because they love me, I will love them and my Father will love them
and I will reveal myself to each one of them.


#7 Haggai 1:5-7
Now This is what the Lord Almighty says, "Give careful thought to your ways.
You have planted much but have harvested little.
You eat but are not full never have enough.
You drink but are not satisfied never have your fill.
You put on clothes, but are not warm.
You earn wages only to put them in a purse with holes in it."
This is what the Lord Almighty says, "Give careful thought to your ways."

#8 Romans 14:17
For the kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink
but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.

#9 2Timothy 3:16
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true
and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives.  It straightens us out
and teaches us to do what is right.


#10 Joshua 1:8
Study this book of the Law continually, meditate on it day and night
so that you may be sure to obey all that is written in it.
Only then will you succeed.


#11 John 15:7
But If you remain in me and my words remains in you,
you may ask for anything you want and it will be granted.


#12 Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything but in everything by prayer and petition
and with thanksgiving present your requests to God.
And the peace of God which transcends all understanding
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.


#13 Matthew 18:20
For where two or three are gathered together in my name,
there I am there in the midst of them.


#14 Hebrews 10:24-25
And Let us consider how we may spur one another on towards love and good deeds
and let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing,
but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see the Day approaching.


#15 Matthew 4:19
"Come, follow me" Jesus said "and I will make you fishers of men."


#16 Romans 1:16
I am not ashamed of the gospel for because it is the power of God
for the salvation of all everyone who believes.
First for the Jew, then for the Gentile.


#17 Psalm 91:14
Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love
so that we may sing for joy until to the end of our days lives.


#18 1John 4:7a
Let us love one another, for love comes from God.


#19 Psalm 119:89
Forever, O Lord, your Word is settled in heaven.


#20 Genesis1:1
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

This #20 verse is actually the current SSMT verse that I posted on the Living Proof blog, so I am a little ahead, and I have even been 'craving' more verses to memorize! Praise God for that!  So because I am craving more verses to memorize I am jumping ahead and found this verse while reading Chapter 1 of the Made to Crave book - see the last post for more about that!

1Corinthians 10:23
Everything is permissible - but not everything is beneficial.
Everything is permissible - but not everything is constructive.




About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorize scripture for yourself.  Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne as she continues to recover from the stroke she had in January.


About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person who wants to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month for all of 2011 and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration with her and the SSMT next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

No comments: