Monday, October 24, 2011

Memory Monday

This past week I found three new verses to add to my memory list, which will put me quite a bit ahead of what I need to do for SSMT!  Wouldn't Beth be thrilled haha!!  These are verses that I have found in going through the first three chapters of Made to Crave.

2 Corinthians 10:23
Everything is permissible - but not everything is beneficial. 
Everything is permissible - but not everything is constructive.

Psalm 5:3,8
Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.
Lead me in the right path, O Lord or my enemies will conquer me.
Tell me clearly what to do and show me which way to turn.

Proverbs 16:3
Commit your actions to the Lord and your plans will succeed.


About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorize scripture for yourself.  Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne as she continues to recover from the stroke she had in January.


About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person who wants to join the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month for all of 2011 and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration with her and the SSMT next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

No comments: