Friday, March 18, 2011

Stepping Up: Week 5 - Day 2

Day 2 - Full Redemption

Psalm 130
1 Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD;
2 O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.
3 If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.
5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.
6 My soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning.
7 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD, for with the LORD is unfailing love and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel from all their sins.

When you are overcome by sin in your life, it is powerful.  But more powerful is the full redemption you receive when your sins are forgiven.  This is shown in the power of restoration.  "God can restore our identity, our purity, our ability, and our sanity."

As you begin to realize you are forgiven and your see restoration in your life you begin to see how abundantly blessed you are.  Things that you did not consider are suddenly huge blessings and the blessings are continually increasing.

It is possible for "God to heal the worst of hurts".  As you wait for healing put your hope in His Word.  Cling to the Word and its promises.

No comments: