Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Change of plans...

I had just finished posting my Memory Monday post and got on the phone to order our next Bible Study.  We will be doing Beth Moore's Stepping Up study.  I am already so excited!!!!  Please pray for me so that I can blog through the whole study!

Anyway, while I was thinking about Beth Moore I decided to check out her blog.  You will never guess what I found!  She does scripture memorization on her blog!  Can you believe it!  It is so fantastic I can hardly type properly I am so excited to have found it! 

Here is the post about the rules.  But basically you post what scripture you will be memorizing twice a month - on the 1st and the 15th.  That is 24 verses you will memorize for the year.  I am totally late for January, but that's okay I will be on top of it for the next posts.

Then there is a cute little spiral notebook you can order to write your verses in.  I already ordered mine!  If you participate all year then you can attend an event next January.  How fun would that be!
My original plan for Memory Monday this week was to memorize the Roman Road.  As much as I love the Roman Road, I have changed my mind on that.  But with all the thousands of verses in the Bible it can be overwhelming to know what to pick!  I am really not that good at coming up with stuff on my own - (which is why I love Beth Moore Bible studies) so I wondered if there was a Scripture Memory plan.  You know, kind of like a Bible Reading plan.  Googled it... Who knew that there were so many resources available - books even!  I totally need all help I can get.

Well, I found this link to a Topical memory system.  I like it because there are two verses for each topic and the topics, at least at first glance, appear to be foundational doctrine-type topics.  The list has 60 verses so I will continue with Memory Monday doing a verse a week.  Then I will link up with the siesta's on the 1st and 15th maybe with whatever verse I happen to be working on that week.

This week I will start with the first verse...

LIVE THE NEW LIFE - Christ the Center
2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (NIV)

Oh, and just a side note.  Usually for my Bible study posts I copy and paste scripture from http://www.blueletterbible.org/ but when I am using a verse for memorizing I will be typing the whole thing out.  I figure that way I will learn it better - kind of like writing it out.

This was also just to exciting to let sit for one day!  I had to link up with


 at Heavenly Homemakers Gratituesday.  Usually my Gratituesday posts are on my family blog, but today I was too grateful over here to ignore it!

I am grateful to have been led back to http://thesimplewife.typepad.com/the_simple_wife/ at just the time when sweet Joanne needed so much prayer.  I am grateful that she is starting to recover and am praising God for the healing she is receiving. 

I am grateful for Beth Moore and her amazing bible studies where I learn so much!  I am especially grateful for the precious ladies in our little Bible Study group, they truly inspire me!

I am grateful to have found Beth's Siesta Scripture Memory Team and a wonderful resource in the Topical Memory System to help me make memorizing scripture a priority in my life.

I would have to be blind not to see the Holy Spirit guiding me on this path.  Do you see it too?!

3 comments:

Sara G said...

Welcome to the team! I'm excited to really commit to memorizing scripture this year. I look forward to your posts.
Praise the Lord on Joanne's progress! Toben (her husband) has faithfully updated her blog.
Have a great day tomorrow!

Sallie said...

Cool! Thanks for the inspiration.

Helen said...

Yay! I'm grateful too!