Monday, January 31, 2011

Memory Monday - 2Corinthians 5:17



Last week I found this Topical List of scriptures to memorize.  Love that it is all neatly laid out for me!   Anyway, the first verse was nice and short and easy to memorize (I hope - let's see)... Oh and this is also my Jan 15 verse for Beth Moore's 2011 Siesta Scripture Memory Team.

Christ the Center
2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation.  The old has gone, the new has come.

WooHoo!  Got it!  But what does that mean exactly?  What does it mean to be a new creation?

When we accept Christ into our lives we may not appear any different, but we are.  We are not at all like how we were.  It is not about being reformed or changed or improved, no it is much more than that - we are recreated!  It means that all of a sudden we are adopted into God's family and will spend eternity with Him!  And when we understand that and start to grow our relationship with Him through Jesus we want our lives to be reformed, changed, and improved!

This week I will be memorizing another verse that makes Christ the Center.

Galatians 2:20 I myself no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.



About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  I had been away from blogging for quite sometime and when I got back into it one of the first blogs I checked in on was Joanne's.  That was the day after she suffered a major stroke. Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne.

1 comment:

Sara G said...

What a great verse for this week! Trusting Him who loves us and wants the best for us! I really like your blog title "But Grow" as we are to grow. To learn as a child would learn. My daughter gets so excited when she can do new things and I pray we too have the fire and excitement while we continue to grow! Thanks Carrie and may you have a blessed week!!