Monday, January 17, 2011

Memory Monday - starting all over again

Memory Monday was hosted by Joanne at The Simple Wife.  Today was the day that I was going to start linking back to her blog for Memory Monday.  Her blog will not have a Memory Monday post but I feel that the Holy Spirit has lead me back to memorizing scripture.  And so I am starting Memory Monday all over again while I pray for Joanne.

I started with memorizing Psalm 23.  I can remember most of it, but there are bits and pieces that I need to work on this week.  Here is Psalm 23 in the NKJV because that is closest to how I remember my Grandma reciting it :)

1 The LORD is my shepherd;

I shall not want.

2 He makes me to lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside the still waters.

3 He restores my soul;
He leads me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil;
For You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
All the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the LORD
Forever.

No comments: