Monday, February 21, 2011

Memory Monday - Psalm 121


In the Stepping Up Bible study that I am currently doing we were asked to memorize Psalm 121, a couple verses at a time.  But I am being the type of student that sits at the front of the class and bounces with my hand up in the air eagerly hoping the teacher will call on me to answer the question. haha

Seriously, I tried to only memorize a couple verses at a time, but it went quickly and I managed to memorize the whole thing.  I have been walking alot this last week!  Let's see how I did...

Psalm 121
I raise my eyes towards the mountains, where will my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip, your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The LORD will protects you.  The LORD will be is a shelter right by your side.
The sun will not strike you by day, or the moon by night.
The LORD will protect you from all harm.  The LORD He will protects your life.
The LORD will protect your coming and going, both now and forever.

A few problems, but I am thrilled that I have this Psalm memorized! 

As I was reflecting on it one morning I was wondering what my mountain is, what do I need the most help with.  It was suddenly very clear - I don't need to get into all of that because if you are reading this then I want you to reflect on what your mountains are. 

But I will say this - most often when I have seen a mountain, it is not a lonely solitary mountain, it has lots of mountain friends - some are smaller and some are much, much bigger.  I have a whole mountain range to work through on my journey to grow and get closer to God.  But how wonderful and comforting it is that He will guide me every single step of the way, He will protect me through all of it!

This Psalm was my selection for the Feb 15 Siesta's memory verse.

This week I am back to my Topical List and will be memorizing the next verse...
Live the New Life - Obedience to Christ
John 14:21 Those who obey my commandments are the ones who love me.  And because they love me, my Father will love them, and I will love them. And I will reveal myself to each one of them. (NLT)
About Memory Monday
I originally found Memory Monday with Joanne at The Simple Wife.  The idea is to memorize a verse during the week and come back to her blog on Mondays to comment about it.  That's it, nothing fancy, just simply an encouragement and reminder to memorizing scripture for yourself.  Anyway, I had been away from blogging for quite sometime and when I got back into it one of the first blogs I checked in on was Joanne's.  That was the day after she suffered a major stroke. Please join in Memory Monday as a way to be blessed by hiding God's Word in your heart. And also join me in prayer for Joanne.

About Siesta Scripture Memory Team
This is another program to encourage us to memorize scripture and is hosted by Beth Moore over on her blog  Living Proof Ministries Blog.  This program is set up so that each person on the Siesta Scripture Memory Team will memorize two verses a month and post a comment on the LPM blog on the 1st and the 15th of the month.  If you do that all year you get to attend a Celebration next January!  I so want to do that, don't you?

1 comment:

Sallie said...

I'm sure Helen will tell you about quoting this to me on the airplane. :) It helped.