Monday, February 21, 2011

Stepping Up: Week 2 - Day 5

Day 5 - Praise the Lord

The previous lesson talked about how Satan recruits other people to bring us down and away from God.  Today's lesson discussed that sometimes he can recruit us to bring our own selves down!  We can be our own worst enemy!!!

Have you reached a place that you are not going to let that happen anymore?  What is your turning point?  My turning point is a strong determination to get closer to God, to have that intimate relationship with Him.  To get there I am making it top priority - well as best as I can with three preschoolers and a husband to also take of - to do more in-depth Bible study, to memorize scripture, to listen to more praise music, and most importantly to pray more intimately, bringing all aspects of my daily life to Him.

After I wrote that in the workbook, the next section said this...
"You belong in this study, and if you let Him, God will usher you to a whole new level of freedom.  Persevere in this study. Attend each session. Do your homework. Fully engage and God will astound you. Let Him have His healing way over the next four weeks and watch what He will do."

I so love that because I am persevering, and I am already astounded in what I am seeing Him do.  I can't wait to see what is to come...

No comments: