Monday, February 3, 2020

Memory Monday 02/03/2020

Not sure who I should give credit to for this cute Memory Monday graphic, I stumbled across it while looking for a group that practices scripture memorizing similar to what Beth Moore used to do.  Sadly, I could not find such a group so I am on my own.  I am using my old spiral notebook from 2011 so at one time I did have these memorized, but that was 9 years ago so basically I am starting over. 

I am doing this for myself so no rules really apply.  I have the Remember Me app on my phone and I am using a spiral index card book.  To test if I know the verses I will be writing them out here.  Corrections are in red.  By the way, I am not correcting punctuation just the words :-)

The first scripture I memorized came from knowing this as a child.  It was the verse my Grandma spoke over me as a bedtime prayer whenever I spent the night at her house.

Psalm 23 (NKJV)
The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul
He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
I will fear no evil, for You are with me.
Your rod and Your staff they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil, my cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.


The next verses I worked on today from my spiral book are from the Topical Memory System book which I found with my spiral book.  I will probably keep working through the lists in the book.  They are so nicely organized :-)

Live the New Life - Christ the Centre
2 Corinthians 5:17 (NIV)
Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation;
The old is gone, the new has come.

Galatians 2:20 (NLT)  I am changing this to (NIV) so I have some work to do....
I have been crucified with Christ and I myself no longer live but Christ lives in me.
So I live my life in this earthly body by trusting The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Well, not too bad for not working on these for nearly 9 years. It really is true that memorizing scripture is the hiding them in your heart. They are still there, just need some dusting off and refreshing.

No comments: