Thursday, February 11, 2021

REset

 Time to reset...again. I wonder how many times I have walked through this cycle.  Too many to count.  And who in the world would ever read this blog anyway.  But if you do happen to stumble across it and you struggle with staying committed to regular Bible study, please know that you are not alone.  I am back at it again.  

As for an update (again I don't know who I am updating...I am just writing in an attempt to be accountable to myself I suppose)... My kids currently go to a school about an hour away, but thankfully there is a bus they catch that is close to half way there for us.  After I drop them off I have been going to the nearby pool to workout.  But I have discovered that endless laps of water jogging gets rather boring so today I started thinking about the memory verses I have done in the past.  Of course I can hardly remember any of them, so I will be returning to posting Memory Mondays.  I even thought about how I can take my verses into the pool.  I need to go on a search and rescue mission for my laminator!

When I started commuting I began by listening to an Audio Bible and managed to listen to the entire Bible.  That was quite an accomplishment.  Then I started listening to Jon Courson preach through the Bible beginning at Genesis and today I started listening to him preach through Daniel.   It gave me the idea to get back to a daily posting of my Bible Study.  In the past I have used the SOAP method (Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer) which is a great method.  But then I stumbled across this post about the GROW method  Of course with my blog being named But Grow I think this is perfect!  Here is how I plan to apply this.

G - Go to God in Prayer (this will be my quiet time in prayer, I will not be sharing this here)

R - Read Scripture

O - Observations

W - Write the lessons to be learned and applied

No comments: