Monday, February 15, 2021

Memory Monday

I am currently taking classes with Christian Leaders Institute .  One of the classes I was looking at taking includes memorizing some key passages.  I tend to go through these classes at a much faster pace than they are designed so I wanted to start memorizing these passages now and have them ready before I start the class.  It also solves the dilemma of what to memorize next lol


But first, let's see how well I still know Psalm 23

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He leads me beside the still waters.
He restores my soul.
He leads me down in  the paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil for you are with me.
Your rod and your staff they comfort me.
You anoint my head with oil. 
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil.
My cup runs over.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

I still have some verses in the memory app I have been neglecting so I will get back to that.  Then for the class, I need to add these:
Exodus 20:1-17 (the ten commandments)
Matthew 22:37-40 (Jesus's statement of the two greatest commandments)
Galatians 5:22-23 (fruit of the spirit)
Ephesians 6:10-11 (armor of God). But this makes no sense to me.  I think you should memorize the actual armor verses so I am making it verses 10-20.

Yikes! Looks like I have a lot of work to do!


No comments: